Explore Greenland off the beaten track on this tour. The tour combines the most popular attractions in Greenland with two unique and unspoiled places in Northern Greenland. You will not find a more varied tour combining nature, culture, and history in this way.
If you are an active and curious traveler, you should consider this tour. You will experience nature that is so impressive you will not believe your own eyes. You will be sailing, hiking, maybe even drive an ATV and go glacier hiking through unspoiled areas.
We will take you to areas of unique natural beauty, where even the most experienced Greenland visitors dream of going. Along the way, we will be staying at hotels and lodges on premium locations that will satisfy every enjoyer of life.
Some highlights of the tour are the Greenland Ice Cap near Kangerlussuaq, the whale capital of Qasigiannquit, a room with a view of the icebergs at Ilimanaq Lodge, the world-famous Ilulissat Ice Fjord, and the secret Tasiusaq Fjord, and a glacier hike.
The tour offers you an insight into the way of life in Greenland today – in small villages and modern towns. You will also get a cultural insight into early Inuit immigration in Greenland. We will be visiting several former settlements and get a sense of the country’s rich history.
Two new options and two musts in Greenland
We will be going to the most popular places in Greenland. First, you can step onto the Ice Sheet near Kangerlussuaq. And by the end of the tour, we will have spent several days in the iceberg capital. Here, you will get close to the world-famous Ilulissat Ice Fjord in every way possible.
Ilimanaq Lodge and Qasigiannguit
We will be making a stop at one of the biggest new attractions in Greenland in recent years and stay at Ilimanaq Lodge with a view of icebergs, whales and the Disko Bay. The doors to Ilimanaq Lodge opened for the first time in 2017. This tour will also be the first of our tours to feature a layover in Qasigiannguit – the whale capital. In summer, countless hunchback whales gather near the coast. Moreover, the area offers excellent hiking options and cultural experiences.
We also offer this tour with a tour guide.
- Walk on the Greenlandic Ice Cap
- Experience the settlement life
- Go hiking along the coast and in the mountains
- Spot whales
- Sailing amongst huge icebergs
- Expereince UNESCO world heritage
- Feel the calmness in an authentic Greenland
- Return flight Copenhagen–Kangerlussuaq
- Flight Kangerlussuaq-Aasiaat
- Flight Ilulissat–Kangerlussuaq
- Boat Aasiaat–Qasigiannguit
- Boat Qasigiannguit–Ilimanaq
- Boat Ilimanaq-Ilulissat
- 1 night at Polar Lodge (shared facilities)*
- 2 nights at Hotel Diskobay (private facilities)
- 3 nights at Ilimanaq Lodge in private lodge (private facilities)
- 3 nights at Hotel Arctic (private facilities)
- Welcome dinner at Hotel Diskobay
- Full board in Ilimanaq (excl. drinks)
- Welcome dinner at Hotel Arctic
- Food and beverages on board the flights Copenhagen–Kangerlussuaq-Copenhagen
- Welcome briefings in all towns by local guides**
- Town walk and a visit to the museum in Qasigiannguit (2-3 hours)
- Town walk in Ilulissat (2 hours)
- Boat trip to an abandoned settlement near Qasigiannguit (3-4 hours)
- Hike to the Qaqqarsuaq mountain in Qasigiannguit (3-4 hours)
- Tour of settlement in Ilimanaq (2 hours)
- Hiking to Northern Houses in Ilimanaq (3-4 hours)
- Hike to Sermermiut at the Ilulissat Ice Fjord (2 hours)
- All taxes and fees introduced to Greenland Travel up until the present day
- Contribution to Travel Guarantee Fund
- 20 kilos of checked baggage and 8 kilos of cabin baggage
*On departure 7/7 the night will be spent in Old Camp
**Local guides speak English