Explore Greenland off the beaten track on this tour. The tour combines the most popular attractions in Greenland with two unique and unspoiled places in Northern Greenland. You will not find a more varied tour combining nature, culture, and history.
If you are an active,independent and curious traveler, you should consider this tour. You will experience nature that is so impressive you will not believe your own eyes. You will be sailing, hiking, maybe even drive an ATV and go glacier hiking through unspoiled areas.
We will take you to areas of unique natural beauty, where even the most experienced Greenland visitors dream of going. Along the way, we will be staying at hotels and lodges in premium locations so you can enjoy every minute of your holiday.
Among the highlights of the tour are the Greenland Ice Cap near Kangerlussuaq, the whale capital of Qasigiannquit, a room with a view of the icebergs at Ilimanaq Lodge, the world-famous Ilulissat Ice Fjord, and the secret Tasiusaq Fjord, as well as a glacier hike.
The tour offers you an insight into the way of life in Greenland today – in small settlements and modern towns. You will also get a cultural insight into early Inuit immigration in Greenland. We will be visiting several former settlements and get a sense of the country’s rich history.
Two new options and two musts in Greenland
We will visit the most popular places in Greenland. First, you can step onto the Ice Sheet near Kangerlussuaq. And by the end of the tour, we will have spent several days in the iceberg capital Ilulissat. Here, you can get close to the world-famous Ilulissat Ice Fjord in a multitude of ways.
Ilimanaq Lodge and Qasigiannguit
You can look forward to a stay at Ilimanaq Lodge with a view of icebergs, whales and the Disko Bay. The doors to Ilimanaq Lodge opened for the first time in 2017 and is being hailed as a great example of sustainable tourism development in Greenland. This tour is also features 2 nights in Qasigiannguit – the whale capital. During the summer season, countless humpback whales gather near the coast. Moreover, the area offers excellent hiking options and cultural experiences.
We also offer this tour with a tour guide.
- Walk ON the Inland Ice Cap
- Experience life in small settlements and feel the tranquility of the Arctic
- Try hiking along the coast and in the mountains
- Spot whales from your cosy cabin accommodation
- Sail among gigantic icebergs
- See the UNESCO World Heritage Site Ilulissat Ice Fjord up close.
- Return flight Copenhagen–Kangerlussuaq
- Flight Kangerlussuaq-Aasiaat
- Flight Ilulissat–Kangerlussuaq
- Boat Aasiaat–Qasigiannguit
- Boat Qasigiannguit–Ilimanaq
- Boat Ilimanaq-Ilulissat
- 1 night at Polar Lodge (shared facilities)*
- 2 nights at Hotel Diskobay (private facilities)
- 3 nights at Ilimanaq Lodge in private lodge (private facilities)
- 3 nights at Hotel Arctic (private facilities)
- Welcome dinner at Hotel Diskobay
- Full board in Ilimanaq (excl. drinks)
- Welcome dinner at Hotel Arctic
- Food and beverages on board the flights Copenhagen–Kangerlussuaq-Copenhagen
- Welcome briefings in all towns by local guides**
- Town walk and a visit to the museum in Qasigiannguit (2-3 hours)
- Town walk in Ilulissat (2 hours)
- Boat trip to an abandoned settlement near Qasigiannguit (3-4 hours)
- Hike to the Qaqqarsuaq mountain in Qasigiannguit (3-4 hours)
- Tour of settlement in Ilimanaq (2 hours)
- Hiking to Northern Houses in Ilimanaq (3-4 hours)
- Hike to Sermermiut at the Ilulissat Ice Fjord (2 hours)
- All flight/transportation taxes and fees known to Greenland Travel at the time of publishing
- Contribution to Travel Guarantee Fund
- 20 kilos of checked baggage and 8 kilos of cabin baggage
*On departure 7/7 the night will be spent in Old Camp
**Local guides speak English