Number of participants: 6-8 people
The Arctic world is a beautiful and unforgettable experience. On this trip to Greenland, you enjoy three days on the edge of the inland ice in Kangerlussuaq and four days in the lovely town of Sisimiut, which promises a wealth of experiences.
Kangerlussuaq – the great fjord
Kangerlussuaq, with its Atlantic airport, is known as the gateway to Greenland. It is especially well known for its herds of musk oxen and reindeer and, not least, the impressive Ice Sheet, which, located in its “backyard,” is easily accessible to visitors to the area. You can even climb up onto it under the watchful eye of a skilled, informative guide. We spend three nights in Kangerlussuaq at Hotel Kangerlussuaq, which is centrally located at the airport.
Autumn and winter are northern lights season, so whenever there’s a cloudless evening on your trip, you can venture outside to experience the unique and incredibly beautiful phenomenon.
Sisimiut – “the people at the foxholes”
Today, Sisimiut has 5,500 inhabitants and is the second largest town in Greenland. As a town, it is vibrant, yet traditional in the best sense of the word. Here, you will find sled dogs galore, beautiful colored buildings and an interesting museum area, which, among other things, is home to Greenland’s oldest church. Located just north of the Arctic Circle, Sisimiut is the northernmost “open water” town and the southernmost dog sled town in Greenland. So visitors can both go sailing on the deep fjords and dog sledding if the snow has fallen.
- Travel through the tundra landscape Marvel at the Inland Ice Cap
- Go in search of Arctic wildlife
- See the Northern Lights
- Get up close to the Russel Glacier Experience town life and the colourful houses
- Join a leisurely sea cruise
- Return flight Copenhagen – Kangerlussuaq – Sisimiut with Air Greenland
- 3 nights at Hotel Kangerlussuaq (private bath/toilet)
- 4 nights at Hotel Sisimiut (private bath/toilet)
- Welcome dinner at Hotel Sisimiut (excl.beverages)
- Food and beverages on board the Air Greenland flight Copenhagen – Kangerlussuaq
- Welcome meetings in Kangerlussuaq and Sisimiut*
- All flight/transportation taxes and fees known to Greenland Travel at the time of publishing
- Contribution to Travel Guarantee Fund
- 20 kg of checked baggage and 8 kg of cabin baggage
*Local tour guides are English speaking