Number of participants: 10-12 people
Spring in Greenland is a short, intense experience. Between April to May, Greenland turns from Arctic winter to Arctic summer and the midnight sun turns the dark nights into 24-hour days. The snow is melting fast as the days turn warmer, and a summer filled with promise beckons.
If you are looking for a Greenland tour that combines spring, impressive nature and pioneering culture, this is the tour for you.
We start in Kangerlussuaq, the gateway to Greenland. The hinterland boasts fantastic nature where the huge Ice Sheet with its own dramatic life, sounds, and ice is impossible to ignore.
You then continue to the town of Ilulissat in the Disko Bay. Ilulissat means “icebergs” , a name which needs no further explanation once you see the beautiful Ice Fjord and the numerous icebergs, floating majestically into the fjord, with almost magical light and the reflections from the sun.
Hiking opportunities are great in both areas, and at this time of year, there are no mosquitoes. If winter has been long and hard, you might even be able to go on a dog sled tour. At this time of year, sailing in the fjord and bay is possible, and we strongly recommend a sailing tour to the small settlements in Disko Bay and, of course, a tour among the huge icebergs.
- Walk ON the Inland Ice Cap
- Go in search of Arctic wildlife
- See the UNESCO World Heritage Site Ilulissat Ice Fjord up close
- Go for walks in the charming town of Ilulissat
- Join an unforgettable cruise among the icebergs
- Get a feel for real life in a small settlement
- Return flight Copenhagen – Kangerlussuaq – Ilulissat with Air Greenland
- 2 nights at Hotel Kangerlussuaq
- 5 nights at Hotel Arctic
- Welcome dinner at Hotel Arctic (drinks and beverages are not included)
- Food and beverages on board the Air Greenland flight Copenhagen – Kangerlussuaq
- Welcome meetings in both towns*
- Sightseeing in Kangerlussuaq*
- Towels and bed linen at hotels and hostels
- All flight/transportation taxes and fees known to Greenland Travel at the time of publishing
- Contribution to Travel Guarantee Fund
- 20 kg of checked baggage and 8 kg of cabin baggage
*Local tour guides are English speaking