White like the snow covering the Greenlandic landscape, and white like the Greenland Ice Cap and the icebergs in the Disko Bay with its beautiful shades of blue and turquoise. Easter in Greenland is white and beautiful.
Thousands of snow hares inhabit the Greenlandic tundra yet you have to be very lucky to spot one in the landscape. Fortunately, other mammals like musk oxen and reindeer are easier to spot. With or without animals, we promise that the unique beauty of Greenlandic nature will elevate your spirits. People tend to be overwhelmed by its beauty.
300 kilometers north of the Polar Circle, the month of April usually offers lots of snow for dog sledding with mild spring weather (with an average of -8 degrees Celcius) and, if it’s not cloudy, sunshine from 5 AM to 10 PM. Spring is truly a wonderful time in Greenland.
Our Easter trip goes to Kangerlussaq for a single night, and then we continue up north to the town of icebergs, Ilulissat. In Kangerlussuaq, you will have the opportunity to go on a trip to the Greenland Ice Sheet – and walk on it – and you can look for musk oxen. Ilulissat offers many possibilities, e.g., sailing trips among the icebergs, a boat trip to the village of Oqaatsut, dog sledding excursions lasting anywhere from 2 hours to several days, hiking to the Ice Fjord, and a lively town with museums, cafes, harbor life, etc.
In Kangerlussuaq you will be staying at Hotel Kangerlussuaq and, in Ilulissat, Greenland’s best hotel, the 4-star Hotel Arctic, welcomes you for six nights. On Saturday evening there is an Easter gala dinner at Hotel Arctic with entertainment.
Note: Departure from Copenhagen on March 29, 2021.
- Walk ON the Inland Ice Cap
- Stay in the Town of Icebergs
- Sail among gigantic icebergs
- Go in search on Arctic wildlife
- Try authentic dogsledding
- Return flight Copenhagen–Kangerlussuaq
- Return Flight Kangerlussuaq–Ilulissat
- 1 night at Hotel Kangerlussuaq
- 6 nights at Hotel Arctic
- Gala dinner with entertainment (drinks not included)
- Food and beverages onboard the Air Greenland flight Copenhagen – Kangerlussuaq
- Two information meetings
- All flight/transportation taxes and fees known to Greenland Travel at the time of publishing
- Contribution to Travel Guarantee Fund
- 20 kg of checked baggage and 8 kg of cabin baggage