12-day Round Trip to Kangerlussuaq, Disko Island, Ilulissat, and Eqi
Please note: New itinerary for this trip in 2021
This is our very special round trip in the Disko Bay, where you will discover the most beautiful places like pearls on a string. This trip gives you the feeling of being where no one has been before you. It will take you into the heart of small, quaint towns and villages. Here, life is lived as it has always been lived, with hunting and fishing as a necessary base for life, combined with the modern amenities of Greenland in the 21st century.
The trip starts in Kangerlussuaq, where the Greenland ice sheet covers the ground as far as the eye reaches. You get the opportunity to feel the cold under your feet in this icy realm. After this, we move on to three days on Disko Island, where you will stay in the old whaling town of Qeqertarsuaq, surrounded by steep basalt mountains and an abundance of plants and flowers. Disko Island offers hiking for all tastes.
We then move on to the city of icebergs, Ilulissat, beautifully located at the shore of Disko Bay and next to the world-famous Ilulissat Ice Fjord. Ilulissat Ice Fjord is on UNESCO’s World Heritage List.
We then move further north of Ilulissat and spend a few days at one of North Greenland’s gems, the cabins of Glacier Lodge Eqi, where you will stay with a view of the enormous calving glacier.
We then return to Ilulissat and fly back home.
After this trip, you will feel that you know the diversity of Greenland very well, and you will have experienced some of the most beautiful areas of the Disko Bay.
The trip is offered from June to August.
Until the end of July, Disko Bay is shrouded in the midnight sun, which can be experienced on evening cruises with icebergs as the ultimate backdrop.
Along the way, you will be welcomed by our sweet and talented local guides. They will welcome you and give you some of Greenland’s best experiences.
- Walk on top of the Greenland Ice Cap
- Get close to icebergs and UNESCO World Heritage
- Spot the Arctic wildlife on land and at sea
- Experience the joy of silence and listen to the roaring glacier
- Stay with an amazing view of a calving glacier
- Hike in the breathtaking scenery
- Experience authentic Arctic life in towns and villages
Included in the trip
- Flights Copenhagen-Kangerlussuaq b/w
- Flight Kangerlussuaq – Aasiaat (one way)
- Flight Ilulissat – Kangerlussuaq (one way)
- Airport transfers in Ilulissat
- 1 night at Hotel Kangerlussuaq
- 5 nights at Hotel Arctic
- 3 nights at Hotel Disko
- 2 nights at Glacier Lodge Eqi in a cabin
- Food and drinks on the Copenhagen – Kangerlussuaq – Copenhagen flights
- Breakfast at Hotel Kangerlussuaq
- Breakfast at Hotel Arctic
- Breakfast at Hotel Disko
- Welcome dinner at Hotel Arctic, during your first stay at Hotel Arctic on Day 5 (excluding drinks)
- Full board at Glacier Lodge Eqi (excluding drinks)
- Boat trip to Disko Island (Qeqertarsuaq) from Aasiaat
- Boat trip to Ilulissat from Disko Island (Qeqertarsuaq)
- Boat trip to Glacier Lodge Eqi b/w
- Tour of town in Qeqertarsuaq
- Hike to Kuannit from Qeqertarsuaq
- Luggage transfer in Qeqertarsuaq
- The hike to the lagoon and the moraine (at Eqi)
- Information meetings in Kangerlussuaq, Ilulissat, and Qeqertarsuaq
- Towels and linen
- Invoice Fee
- All taxes and fees introduced to Greenland Travel up until the present day
- 20 kilos of checked luggage and 8 kilos of hand luggage