12-day Round Trip to Kangerlussuaq, Disko Island, Ilulissat, and Eqi
NEW for 2021: Itinerary re-designed!
This is our ever-popular round trip in the Disko Bay, where you will discover the most beautiful places like pearls on a string. This trip gives you the feeling of being where no one has been before you. It will take you into the heart of small, quaint towns and settlements. Here, life is a mix of ancient traditions, such as hunting and fishing, and modern amenities creating a truly authentic Arctic lifestyle which is a peculiar as it is captivating.
The trip starts in Kangerlussuaq, where the Greenland ice sheet covers the ground as far as the eye can see. You get the opportunity to feel the cold in this icy realm as you marvel at the amzing views. After this, we move on to three days on Disko Island, a hikers’ paradise, where you stay in the old whaling town of Qeqertarsuaq, surrounded by steep basalt mountains and an abundance of plants and flowers.
Our adventure continues in town of icebergs, Ilulissat, beautifully located at the shore of the Disko Bay and next to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ilulissat Ice Fjord.
We then move further north and spend a few days at one of North Greenland’s gems, the cabins of Glacier Lodge Eqi, where you will stay with a view of the enormous calving glacier.
This comprehensive tour of discovery will introduce you to the diversity of Greenland both in terms of nature, wildlife and culture!
The trip is available from June to August.
Until the end of July, the Disko Bay is basking in the midnight sun, which can be experienced on evening cruises with icebergs as the ultimate backdrop.
Along the way, our knowledgeable and friendly local guides will make sure you see everything the Disko Bay has to offer.
- Walk ON the Greenland Ice Cap
- Get close to icebergs and the UNESCO World Heritage site of Ilulissat Ice Fjord
- Spot the Arctic wildlife on land and at sea
- Feel the majestic silence only interrupted by the calving glacier
- Stay with an amazing view of a calving glacier
- Hike in the breathtaking scenery
- Experience authentic Arctic life in towns and villages
Included in the trip
- Flights Copenhagen-Kangerlussuaq b/w
- Flight Kangerlussuaq – Aasiaat (one way)
- Flight Ilulissat – Kangerlussuaq (one way)
- Airport transfers in Ilulissat
- 1 night at Hotel Kangerlussuaq
- 5 nights at Hotel Arctic
- 3 nights at Hotel Disko
- 2 nights at Glacier Lodge Eqi in a cabin
- Food and drinks on the Copenhagen – Kangerlussuaq – Copenhagen flights
- Breakfast at Hotel Kangerlussuaq
- Breakfast at Hotel Arctic
- Breakfast at Hotel Disko
- Welcome dinner at Hotel Arctic, during your first stay at Hotel Arctic on Day 5 (excluding drinks)
- Full board at Glacier Lodge Eqi (excluding drinks)
- Boat trip to Disko Island (Qeqertarsuaq) from Aasiaat
- Boat trip to Ilulissat from Disko Island (Qeqertarsuaq)
- Boat trip to Glacier Lodge Eqi b/w
- Tour of town in Qeqertarsuaq
- Hike to Kuannit from Qeqertarsuaq
- Luggage transfer in Qeqertarsuaq
- The hike to the lagoon and the moraine (at Eqi)
- Information meetings in Kangerlussuaq, Ilulissat, and Qeqertarsuaq
- Towels and linen
- Invoice Fee
- All flight/transportation taxes and fees known to Greenland Travel at the time of publishing
- 20 kilos of checked luggage and 8 kilos of hand luggage