New Year’s Eve in Greenland is a unique experience. Not just because of the beautiful fireworks lighting up the polar night, but also because you get to celebrate the New Year twice: At 8:00 PM for Denmark (and other CET countries) and at midnight for Greenland!
Greenland’s nature is beautiful all year, not least in the wintertime. It is wonderful when it is covered by a blanket of snow and ice, which i turn creates a myriad of opportunities under the northern lights. On this 5-day trip to Ilulissat, you will experience fireworks, northern lights, sled dogs, huge icebergs, and snow-covered rocks.
We offered this trip for the first time for the New Year of 2017/18, and it was a great success. Our guests loved the unique light you experience even though this is during the polar darkness of winter – and they were very impressed with the fireworks on New Year’s Eve.
New Year’s Eve in Greenland
On December 31, we invite you to attend a gala dinner in the restaurant at Hotel Arctic. Enjoy a lovely dinner with good food and entertainment – and some breaks at the right moments, so we can get to go outside to enjoy the fireworks several times during the evening.
Ilulissat lce Fjord is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Ilulissat is located by the world famous Ilulissat lce Fjord. The Ice Fjord was included on the UNESCO World Heritage Site List in 2004, and that is not a coincidence. The icebergs can tower up to 100 meters into the air, and they are a sight you will never forget.
It’s going to be warm inside
This being midwinter, it’s going to be dusk most of the day and dark at night. Inside the hotel, we will have time to enjoy the central heating – and the guide will entertain with small informal talks and quizzes about Greenland, and we will also have time to play games.
- Celebrate New Year’s Eve in Greenland
- Stay in the Town of Icebergs, Ilulissat
- See the UNESCO World Heritage Site Ilulissat Ice Fjord up close
- Sail among gigantic icebergs
- Watch the Northern Lights dance in across the sky
- Flight Copenhagen – Kangerlussuaq return
- Flight Kangerlussuaq – Ilulissat return
- 4 nights at Hotel Arctic with private facilities
- Welcome dinner in Ilulissat, excl. drinks
- Gala Dinner on New Year’s Eve at Hotel Arctic, excl. drinks except a glass of champagne
- Food and beverages on board the Air Greenland flight Copenhagen – Kangerlussuaq return
- Information meetings
- English and Danish speaking guide
- Sightseeing in Ilulissat
- All flight/transportation taxes and fees known to Greenland Travel at the time of publishing
- Contribution to Travel Guarantee Fund
- 20 kg of checked baggage and 8 kg of cabin baggage
English and Danish