The nature in Greenland is simply exceptional, not least during winter. It provides the setting for numerous experiences in the snow and below the northern lights. On this tour, which combines two of Greenland’s most popular destinations, Ilulissat and Kangerlussuaq, you can experience northern lights, sled dogs, dog sleds, impressive icebergs, and lots of snow-clad rocks.
You have the option of planning your visit to Greenland yourself or purchasing our excursion package, which includes the most exciting experiences for you to try. Among these is a ride on one of Greenland’s most traditional means of transportation – the dog sled.
The Greenland Ice Sheet at Kangerlussuaq
Kangerlussuaq Airport is Greenland’s busiest airport, but do not be alarmed by these words. Most arrivals and departures take place in the course of a few hours. For the rest of the day, you are surrounded by a wonderful tranquillity and infinite masses of snow. You have plenty of options to have fun in the snow here. We highly recommend that you go to the Greenland Ice Sheet, which covers about 80 % of Greenland and is larger than France, Spain, Germany, and Italy combined. On your way to and from the Greenland Ice Sheet, you might spot musk oxen, reindeer and mountain hares.
The Ilulissat Icefjord offers UNESCO World Heritage
Following three eventful days in Kangerlussuaq, it is time to visit Ilulissat located on the world-famous Ilulissat Icefjord. In 2004, the Icefjord was listed by UNESCO as world heritage, which makes perfect sense. Icebergs may shoot 100 meters up into the air – a sight that you will not soon forget.
Below the fluttering northern lights
Even permanent residents in Greenland cannot get enough of the northern lights. Nothing compares to the experience of witnessing the incredible northern lights move across the clear and frosty night sky. It is such an incomprehensibly beautiful sight. (Please note that the nights are too bright in April to be able to enjoy the northern lights. Instead, the long, bright nights are coming).
- Return flight Copenhagen–Kangerlussuaq with Air Greenland
- Return flight Kangerlussuaq–Ilulissat
- 3 nights at Old Camp (shared toilet and shower) in Kangerlussuaq (On departure January 31st 2020 you have 3 nights at Polar Lodge in Kangerlussuaq)
- 4 nights at Hotel Icefiord with private facilities in Ilulissat
- Food and beverage on both flights between Copenhagen and Kangerlussuaq
- 2 briefings
- 2 town tours
- Towels and bedding at the hotel and the hostel
- All taxes and fees introduced to Greenland Travel up until the present day
- Contribution to the Travel Guarantee Fund
- 20 kg of checked baggage and 8 kg of cabin baggage