Bestseller: Summer, Sun and Huge Icebergs
Get close to the Inland Ice Cap and UNESCO site Ilulissat icefiord with the famous and very huge icebergs – all of it in the magical glow of the midnight sun.
A trip to Greenland is an experience entirely on the nature’s terms and on this 8 day visit you get a close up encounter with the nature: Ice cap and glaciers in Kangerlussuaq and ice and more ice in Ilulissat beautifully accompanied by Greenland’s unique culture and traditional life style in contrast to the influence of the modern way of life.
The contrasts in Greenland are coming to their right during the summer months. Strong sunlight is replaced by foggy mist. Brown mountains with hints of green are fighting a brave battle against icebergs in shades ranging from pale to turquoise. Deserted, pristine areas right next to the towns with the characteristic houses in bright colors. The light is also unique. And with the midnight sun's soft glow around the clock the forces of nature come very close!
You have to see Greenland!
F. Hartvig Pedersen
Participant at "Summer, Sun and Huge Icebergs", 2013
It was an amazing tour. Greenland and the destinations are indescribable - you have to see them yourself. The guides made us feel very safe, they were always there for us and they knew a lot about their job - and they liked it! Everything was under control, and the hotel (Icefjord) was "spot on".
- 1 night in Kangerlussuaq by the Inland Ice Cap
- 6 nights in Ilulissat by the UNESCO Icefiord
“Big Arctic Five” - attractions
You can experience “Big Arctic Five” these attractions on this tour - Read more
- WHALESSummer & Spring
- dog sledgeDecember to April
- IceAll year
- Northern lightsBest Sept-April
- CultureAll year
Itinerary - day for day
DAY 1: Copenhagen – Kangerlussuaq, welcome meeting and excursion to the Ice Cap
Upon arrival you are welcomed by a guide from the our local partner who will help you to check in at Polar Lodge. A cosy and newly renovated accommodation right in the heart of Kangerlussuaq and only a glance from the fascinating nature. At the following information meeting the guide tells you about the area and the many excursions available.
Kangerlussuaq is beautifully situated between soft hills and close to the ice cap. It is the only place in Greenland where you can experience both reindeer and musk oxen. Kangerlussuaq is also the perfect place to see and step up on the legendary ice cap which covers 82% of Greenland. Join a guided trip to the Ice Cap and see it for yourself.
- DAY 2: Flight Kangerlussuaq – Ilulissat, check in and City walk
- DAY 3: Adventures in and around Ilulissat - hike to settlement
- DAY 4: Adventures in and around Ilulissat - By boat to the Eqi glacier
- DAY 5: Adventures in and around Ilulissat
- DAY 6: Adventures in and around Ilulissat - Whale sfari – Surroundet by Icebergs in the Discobay
- DAY 7: Adventures in and around Ilulissat - Midnight sailing among the icebergs
- DAY 8: Ilulissat-Kangerlussuaq-Copenhagen