Classic: The “Golden Triangle” of West Greenland
The Classic Golden Triangle of Greenland. One of our bestsellers over years and a very classic tour. A wonderful trip to the triangle of three towns and also coastal ship is included. You expierence all the "must see" of Greenland and the "wow-factor" is high.
You cross the Arctic Circle, get to see musk oxen and the ice cap in Kangerlussuaq, Sisimiut’s beautiful houses that are as small color spots in the rocky landscape and the spectacular ice fjord in Ilulissat with myriads of ice from small cubes to giants in various colors depending on the sun's reflections.
The interurban transport takes place with both aircraft and coastal ship also giving you a unique chance to get an impression of the amazing size of the world’s largest island, which corresponds to the distance from Scotland to the Sahara!
The trip takes place from June to August, which is summer at its best in Greenland with midnight sun and contrasting impressions. Green mountains and white icebergs. Strong sunlight and misty fog. Gentle flower valleys and cool glaciers. Shears that cut through the vast desolate areas. Temperatures are mild and Greenland's national flower Niviarsiaq, bluebells and mountain-batten are busy and beautifully decorate the mountains.
Flexibility and comfort
D. R. Collins
Participant at Golden Triangle, 2013
This tour gave us a degree of independence and flexibility, whilst taking care of our overall travel needs. We didn't feel as though we were part of a big tour. We are not attracted to tours that feel highly organised so this was ideal for us.
- 2 nights in Kangerlussuaq by the Inland Ice Cap
- 2 nights in Sisimiut at the coast
- 5 nights in Ilulissat by UNESCO Ilulissat Icefiord
- 1 night at coastal ship
“Big Arctic Five” - attractions
You can experience “Big Arctic Five” these attractions on this tour - Read more
- WHALESSummer & Spring
- dog sledgeDecember to April
- IceAll year
- Northern lightsOctober - March only
- CultureAll year
Itinerary - day for day
- DAY 1: Flight Copenhagen - Kangerlussuaq and welcome meeting
- DAY 1: Copenhagen-Kangerlussuaq - accommodation, welcome meeting (tundra tour)
- DAY 2: Day at your disposal in Kangerlussuaq
- DAY 3: Flight Kangerlussuaq - Sisimiut
- DAY 4: Day at your disposal in Sisimiut
- DAY 5: Onboard Coastal ship heading north along the west coast
- DAY 6: Calls in the town of Aasiaat and Ilulissat for accomodation at Hotel Arctic****
- DAY 7: Adventures in and around Ilulissat and UNESCO site Ilulissat Icefiord
- DAY 8: Adventures in and around Ilulissat and UNESCO site Ilulissat Icefiord
- DAY 9: Adventures in and around Ilulissat and UNESCO site Ilulissat Icefiord
- DAY 10: Adventures in and around Ilulissat and UNESCO site Ilulissat Icefiord
- DAY 11: Flight Ilulissat – Kangerlussuaq - Copenhagen