Dream tour in the Disco Bay
12 days to explore the very highlights of the Disco Bay. this tour gives you the feeling of being where no one else has been before you. You stay at the Glacier Lodge Eqi - perhaps one of the most beautiful, peaceful and unique places in the entire Greenland. Furthermore we take you to small settlements and all the "must see" sights in West Greenland.
The tour starts in Kangerlussuaq - the gateway to Greenland - and only 25 kilometres from the gigantic Inland Ice Cap. You get the chance to actually stand on the Ice Cap.
You travel in the period from June to August where the summer is intense and warm and the Disco Bay is painted in colours of the midnigt sun.
- 3 days with planned excursions
- 9 days with optional activities
“Big Arctic Five” - attractions
You can experience “Big Arctic Five” these attractions on this tour - Read more
- WHALESSummer & Spring
- dog sledgeDecember to April
- IceAll year
- Northern lightsBest Sept-April
- CultureAll year
Itinerary - day for day
DAY 1: Copenhagen-Kangerlussuaq-accommodation-on your own
There is departure with Air Greenland from Copenhagen to Kangerlussuaq and the adventure is now only 4 hours away. Upon arrival you are welcomed by a guide from World of Greenland Arctic Circle, who helps you to check in at Polar Lodge. The lodge is located a stone's throw from the airport, close to shopping facilities and with the great scenery just outside in the beautiful backyard. Immediately after check in the guide holds an information meeting where you’ll get an impression of the exciting area and excursion ideas for the rest of the afternoon. The former American base takes you on a quick trip back in history with the old barracks, the museum where time almost stands still and the wreckage from a T33A-fighter in Sandflugtsdalen (the sand drift valley). Kangerlussuaq is also the perfect place to go on a trip to the endless ice cap. At a distance you will get a glimpse of the impressive Russell glacier - a 30-80 m high wall of ice with a river in front. There is a fine chance to see musk oxen - they can however often be mistaken for a big rock.
- DAY 2: Kangerlussuaq-Ilulissat on your own-welcoming dinner
- DAY 3: On your own in Ilulissat
- DAY 4: On your own in Ilulissat
- DAY 5: By boat to Eqi-accommodation at Ice Camp Eqi
- DAY 6: On your own in Eqi
- DAY 7: Ice Camp Eqi and boat to settlement Rodebay
- DAY 8: Rodebay and boat to Ilulissat
- DAY 9: On your own in Ilulissat
- DAY 10: On your own in Ilulissat
- DAY 11: On your own in Ilulissat
- DAY 12: Flight Ilulissat - Kangerlussuaq and Copenhagen